Tuesday, February 28, 2012

No treadmill tuesday today :(

Today is the 2nd day of sickness keeping me in bed. Yesterday I was so sick I couldn't read, watch tv, or do anything that required the use of any brain power. My body hurt so bad even my toe joints were hurting. All I was able to do was sleep, get up to go use the bathroom and take ibuprofen, and go back to bed. I managed to eat 3 grapefruit a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and drink 2 bottles of kombucha, 1 coconut water and lots of water.

Today was a little better, I had to call in sick for the second day in a row, which i feel horrible about since it is my last week and my old job and I missed a meeting for my new job, but I couldn't imagine me at work would be doing anyone any service. I'm coughing, snotty, and the pressure in my head is preventing me from doing anything close to productive. Since I ate all my grapefruit yesterday and finished off my bread and jelly this morning (peanut butter was used up yesterday) I made it out of the house this afternoon in search of comfort food. I threw on a hat and comfy clothes and hoped not to run into anyone I knew. I came home with an interesting selection of food: organic sweet potato thai soup, a piece of chocolate mousse cake, kettle corn rice cakes, blood orange sorbet and whole wheat bread. Of course what did I eat first, the nonvegan unhealthy choice: chocolate mousse cake. I can't help it i'm weak (at least I didn't buy the whole boston cream pie I was eyeing).

So besides my rendezvous to the grocery store, I caught up on Revenge and Grey's Anatomy. Now i'm bored, my head still hurts to read...it feels like my brain is blowing up like a balloon but not getting any bigger, just pushing against my skull. Ibuprofen doesn't seem to help. Yuck.

I can't believe how fast this got me down. Sunday I woke up with a slight sore thoart but went out for a 4hr run/hike...granted I was dragging on the way back, but I thought I kicked whatever I had out the door. Then I wake up 5am Monday morning feeling like a truck plowed me over. And 38 hours later I'm still in bed.

1 comment:

  1. Sara, sorry to hear you've been so sick. At least you were able to get out and get some comfort food. I hope you're better today. L, Dad


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.